After our two very exhausting school shows today, we’re hoping everyone gets lots of rest tonight in preparation for opening night tomorrow! We have some information about tomorrow, reminders about behavior expectations, a call for volunteers, and a prop request:
- All actors are called at 4:00pm. All crew members are called at 5:00pm. Crew members are welcome to come earlier if they so choose.
- We have a handful of parent volunteers to assist backstage tomorrow, but we are sorely in need of more! If you can volunteer tomorrow, Saturday, or next weekend, please click this link for our VolunteerSpot page!
- All students “backstage” in the hallway must be on the best behavior at all times and clean up after themselves! Several Bell staff members today mentioned that the behavior of our offstage actors and crew members was not stellar. Many students were loud, disrespectful to adults and other students, left garbage and crumbs all over the hallway, and were playing with props and equipment that was not theirs.
- With the exception of lights crew and actors in scenes 1 and 4, no students should be on the balcony at any time during the performance. Actors must remain backstage and crew members should remain with their crew to perform their responsibilities.
- DO NOT TOUCH OR PLAY WITH PROPS. Several props were broken or misplaced today due to misuse. Production Team members also witnessed crew members playing with props and chatting behind the curtains while scenes were taking place onstage. Remember that if you are behind the curtains and you can see the audience, it means they can also see you!
- We are looking for a service bell for a prop…if anyone has one, please bring let Ms. Schmidt know!
- Lastly, in case anyone was unaware, Ms. Schmidt, Ms. Lambert, and all Bell interpreters and other CTU members are not allowed to be present for opening night due to the CTU’s “day of action.” However, Ms. Miller, Katy, Levi, Mr.Guzmán, volunteer interpreters, other Bell staff members, and many parent volunteers will be present to assist all our students and ensure a smooth run of our show. The full production team will be present for our show on Saturday, April 2nd. Please contact Ms. Schmidt if you have any questions.